Friday, September 24, 2010

7-11

So, Chris and I met for lunch the other day. Before we both headed back to work I needed to put gas in my car, so we went to the 7-11 down the street from our house. You know, quick, convenient. So I start the pump in my car, meet Chris inside and of course, we buy a piece of candy and a drink. We kiss farewell and get in our cars to drive our seperate ways. Chris is about to pull out of the 7-11 parking lot when I start driving away as well when CLANK! I hear this huge metal thing hit the ground and start dragging. I immediately stop, and look out my side view mirror having no clue what's going on. Well, turns out I forgot I was getting gas before I went in the store and started driving away with the gas pump IN my tank! I couldn't believe it - totally ripped the thing right off of the gas "station" and broke it! The pump was still in my car and I was dragging the line with me. I thought I was going to see gas spilling everywhere (what do I know??). Lucky I never made it out of the parking lot, I backed up a bit and jumped out of my car and ran (haha, well i can't run right now, so I trotted) after Chris in his car yelling at Chris "chris wait" so he wouldn't pull out. But his windows were closed and he didn't hear me and drove off. Haha how EMBARRASSING. Everyone was laughing. The 7-11 worker saw what happened and came out and I told him "I am SO SORRY! Has anyone ever done anything this foolish?" and he said someone did it last week and 2 last month. Turns out there is a metal knob that disconnects when people do this sort of thing so the whole station isn't broken. Lucky for me! He said he will get maintenance out to fix it. I am so glad I didn't have to pay...selfish I know. But sheesh, that would have been a pricey mistake! Lets just say I feel like I have 1/2 the brain cells lately, and once this baby comes and I have no sleep I'm sure it will only get better! HAHA. couldn't resist sharing that story. :) Thanks for not judging me everyone.

4 comments:

  1. NO, I seriously can't believe that. Awesome. Welcome to the movie of Cassie. Love it. I needed a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh val, what are we going to do with you...
    so glad you wrote this down. i love reading it and can totally hear your voice telling me it. too funny. glad it didnt cost you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious! Just so you know, I don't think the brain cells come back, it's so scary. Imagine how it is after you've had two or three!:) Let's just say Amy and I both forgot to wear bras recently!:) Sorry, Amy, had to share.

    ReplyDelete