Friday, February 4, 2011

The Magic Sleeper


For anyone who has a newborn with reflux, I highly recomment this Sleeper (Fisher-Price Newborn Rock 'n Play Sleeper). My mom told me about it 2 weeks ago so I ordered it from Target online. Luke already slept fairly well but kept waking up every 3-4 hours because of his reflux. The first night we slept him in the new Sleeper we got an 8 hour stretch out of him. It is great because it lays them on about a 30 degree incline which keeps the food, acid, and spit up down - so they aren't choking on it and waking themselves up. I think he feels snuggled in it too, so maybe that helps as well. Pretty much since we got it we can count on at least a 6 hour stretch of sleep - but one night Luke almost slept 9 hours. Love this thing. Although he absolutely does not like to sit in it in the day like some babies, at least he gets a great nights sleep!!

3 comments:

  1. Wish I would have known about this thing when McKay was born!! He had horrible reflux, as did all three of my kiddos.
    You seem like you are loving being a mom... it's the best, huh?! Your little guy is adorable!! Makes me want another one. :) Hopefully the two of you will, one day, take a trip down here and I can meet him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish they would've had this when Choob was pukin up a storm! You can also try "the nap nanny" http://napnanny.com/ if he grows out of this sleeper. Reflux babies love it! Glad to hear everything is working out. He is so cute cass! Definitely a keeper :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! I've never heard of it but I'm glad you found something to help him (and you) sleep better at night. What a difference it makes!

    ReplyDelete