Friday, February 5, 2010

Bring You Up To Speed

A lot has happened in the last 6 months or so. Here's a little recap of all the action:

We got married in August of 2009. The wedding was incredible. We had a great time at all of the festivities and hope everyone else did too!















After the wedding we moved into a place together in San Diego, finally :). Then 2 months later Chris got a job offer (unexpectedly) in Salt Lake City. We said a few prayers, packed our belongings and headed north! Chris's sister Amy and her husband Scott were so great to us when we got to SLC b/c we crashed with them for about 2-3 weeks. We found a duplex in Millcreek (no we didn't buy, still renting unfortunately) and because Chris is working in Holladay it only takes him about 8 minutes to get to work, perfect. That is a lovely blessing after all the driving we Chris and I both did in San Diego.

Since we've been in SLC we have had a great time! Although it is cold, we both love the outdoors so living near the mountains and snow there is always a lot to do. More importantly though, it has been so nice living near family and friends. There's nothing like it!

Chris has done a fabulous job at his new position at Highland Heathcare thus far so we are really proud of him! He officially has secured his position as Administrator once he is done training (around April or May hopefully), so we are planning to be here in SLC for the next few years. It is so CRAZY, I know, but such a wonderful opportunity for us. So we feel very blessed. Me, on the other hand, I am looking for a job and keeping myself busy in the meantime. So anyone who come visits, you always have a place to stay with us.

We're thankful for all the blessings we can see in our lives each day and a so happy to be married to each other!

Some of our recent activities include:

CURLING WITH AMY & SCOTT.
Everyone should try this, it's so fun!












SNOWSHOEING IN OUR LOCAL CANYON.
So hard but of course so beautiful!




















And of course, the BYU Games. GO COUGARS!
(And Seasiders!)





Last but not least, a few shots at Chris's basketball game the other night with my NEW CAMERA! Happy Birthday to me. Now I just need to learn how to use it...







We will add more later but hope you enjoy seeing the beauty and enjoyment SLC has to offer. Everyone should probably move out here...

4 comments:

  1. Yeah for your new blog!!! I love it and I love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm sooo happy you guys have a blog and that we can get a glimpse of all the fun stuff you're up to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooohooo! Go cass! Maybe I'll start updating my blog now...you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! Who is going to be blogstalking who now??? I am so glad you guys are happy out there! I am coming up for conference so we will have to get in touch while I am there for sure.

    ReplyDelete