Sunday, February 21, 2010

Joys of Utah

Chris and I had a great weekend so I wanted to quickly tell you about it...

First: We rented the three Lord of the Rings DVD's and watched them. I want to know one person who doesn't like that trilogy. Legolace and Aragorn... they're my heros. I suppose Froto is as well. Chris kept calling the other two hobbits pippy and longstocking...haha. I know it's not that funny but it made me laugh.

Second: We got to go to our friend Becky and Jason's wedding at the SLC Temple. My first time in that temple, other than to do baptisms. Really fun experience. Jason's uncle is actually one of the 70s (Elder Zwick) who was the area authority over Chris's mission so Chris was happy to hear him talk again and do our friend's sealing. It was special for them and for us.

Third: equally as exciting was that Chris and I got to see Julie and her new companion for a few minutes before the wedding on Temple Square. It was perfect timing, pretty much bumped right into her, so we said hello for a few minutes and got to see her in action. Made me miss her even more though, so we'll have to keep the drop by visits to a mininum. She seems happy though and like she is doing wonderfully. Keep up the good work Sis!
Here is her new address on Temple Square so write her lots of letters:
Sister Julie Rathgeber
UT SLC - Temple Square mission
50 N. West Temple St. Rm BSVC
SLC, Utah 84150

Fourth: because Chris and I had stake conference in our ward today we decided to go to church at the facility Chris works at. His Healthcare Center has its own branch so it was really cool to be a part of it. Even more awesome was that President Monson showed up and was the main speaker of the meeting. We got to stand around with him after for a few minutes and shake his hand. What a great opportunity it was to be in the same small room with the Prophet of the Lord and feel of his great spirit. We love you President Monson.


It was a great weekend!
(again, you should all probably move out to Utah)

5 comments:

  1. Me, I don't like that trilogy. I guess I shouldn't say that I don't like it, it's just not my cup of tea I suppose. I had never seen them before so we rented and watched them our first 3 weekends here. First of all, they are WAY too long, and I'm not super into sci-fi, weird Orc creature kind of movies. Probably why I've never seen Star Wars either. But that's just my opinion, glad you like them, and I guess Aragon was a pretty stellar character, if I have to find something I liked. And also I didn't care much for Frodo, I thought Sam was the real hero in the end!

    Cool you got to see Julie and meet Pres. Monson. It's such a cool feeling meeting and shaking hands with a prophet. I had the same thing happen with Pres. Hinkley and got in line twice to shake his hand again because I just loved it so much. There is such a strong spirit in their presence and in their hand shakes!

    Love you Cass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing weekend!!! I am so glad you guys are liking it out there... still missing you here for sure though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Really Erin, love your thoughtful response to the trilogy section :) You are pretty funny. Cass, so jealous you got to see sister. And the Prophet. Not a bad weekend at all. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice, president monson. excited i found your blog cass! and your wedding pictures are SO HOT

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so exciting that you got to see Julie!!! I'm sure she is the best missionary ever:)... Oh and next time we will have to visit papa on a stake conference weekend with you guys! I love being able to hear the prophets speak in person.

    ReplyDelete