Friday, April 29, 2011

"He is not here, but is risen"

We had a really special Easter this year. Yes, of course the Easter bunny came, but it was more than that. I got called as a Primary teacher 2 weeks ago so Easter Sunday was my first time teaching - of course on the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Although I was nervous to teach the 8 years olds (don't ask), I felt so lucky that I got to study this really important lesson and have it on my mind all week. As infinitely important as Christ's atonement and resurrection is, for me, it brings on a new meaning now that Chris and I have started our own family. It is the greatest feeling knowing that no matter what happens we will always be a family, forever. Such happiness and hope comes from understanding the gospel of Jesus Christ - we feel very lucky to be members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!

With that being said - here is what our day consisted of. Church, then checking out our easter baskets. The Easter Bunny hid mine (which was fun) so after I found mine hidden in the basement, turns out the Easter bunny got me a camcorder for my trip to Hawaii. So excited and can't wait to go and use it! Wish so bad the Easter bunny was coming with me to Hawaii....
Here are a few pics of Luke on his first Easter. Easter bunny brought him a few cool toys and some candy...
he was super excited...can't you tell...


After we did our own thing we all met at Amy & Scott's house for dinner. Thanks for always having us over you guys and being such great hosts! We ate some ham, hung out, then took some pictures. Alli and Derek came up to spend the day with us, too. So that was very fun.
love love this picture. avery is so sweet with luke.

the coombs
the cute couple
our other favorite thompsons

OK....And I almost forgot to mention that we took some pictures at the mall with the Easter bunny last week. A few shots for your viewing pleasure. It was pretty funny I must say...


Hope you all had a very happy Easter as well!

1 comment: