Monday, April 26, 2010

THE ALASKAN INN

Chris surprised me this weekend with a lovely stay at The Alaskan Inn - Bed & Breakfast! I have always wanted to stay at one so I was so excited when we arrived, since he didn't tell me where we were going until we were heading up the canyon. We absolutely loved it. Chris said he was checking out a few places but took a chance on this one. Good choice honey!
The Lodge

It wasn't your typical Bed & Breakfast b/c all
of the guests had their own little cabin - of
which there were about 10 total. It was perfect.
Our particular cabin was called Misty Fjords.

Our cabin had a bed, TV, large tub
(with sparkling cider chilled and ready :)
and a bathroom. Very cozy.
Chris took me to this really cool (and hightly
rated) steak restaurant just down the canyon
a few minutes. It was called Timbermine. The
inside was dark and really awesome, felt like
you were in the mine.

It was actually quite dark in here. All the guests
got their own booth and could adjust the lantern
to the brightness they wanted. Loved it. And the
steak was delish!
Me and the honey.
Last, but not least, you get breakfast served to you in the morning. We let them know our orders and the time to bring it the night before and then, presto, it magically appeared in the morning! Breakfast in Bed. Or, at the table...
We had an awesome time. It was so sweet of Chris to go through all the trouble and give me this great surprise. A cabin in the great outdoors, I was very happy. We loved it way more than we though we would so we will have to go back again sometime. We found a bunch of hikes nearby and a great running trail, too. Also, it is in Ogden right near Snow Basin so anyone who wants a fun romantic getaway next year, you know where to go!
Thanks again, Christopher. I love you!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, what a sweet husband you have! Nice job Chris!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Cass! how fun! Nice work Chris is right. And I seriously want that breakfast right this second. Miss you and glad you had such an awesome weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like fun! lucky! I can't believe we haven't hung out. Let's do something already! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome place! That looks like the perfect weekend, I think I need a getaway!

    ReplyDelete