Wednesday, August 8, 2012

COLBIE LOU ANN THOMPSON

She has arrived.
Colbie Lou Ann Thompson
July 31, 2012 at 1:44 pm
7 lbs 14 oz
20 inches
Born at St. Mark's Hospital
and as perfect as can be!

sad picture but the sweetest little face

The proud father
The beautiful grandma

The Story.

I was induced this time around so the whole labor experience was very different than my first time with Luke. When I checked into the hospital at 7:15am I was already dilated to 4cm and 80% effaced (6 days before my actual due date), so that really helped to speed things along. Doc Brown came in and broke my water at 8:00am, and they started me on petocin as well. My contractions were much closer together this time (2-3 mins as they should be) so the process only lasted about 6 hours this time instead of 30! When I got the epidural around 5-6cm dilated, I was really scared for some reason. I had been dreading getting the epidural for weeks before. Chris got to the hospital right before I got it, and really glad he was there with me because this time was not as smooth than the first. Felt the epidural a lot more and got a huge 'zing' down my left leg, which made it shoot up and did not feel great. Needless to say that set me off and the tears began. Luckily the epidural kicked in pretty quick and then I couldn't feel anything after that. But I didn't even mind feeling hard contractions for a few hours this time because I had to bear it for so long with Luke. I was pretty sick for a few hours, throwing up and nauseated, up until the time I pushed and that was not too fun. Hate that feeling. Every time I started yawning it meant I was going to throw up again. Felt good to have Chris, and then my mom, there to take care of me.

I'm pretty sure that baby girl was waiting to come out so Grandma Lolo could get there in time from the airport, which she did. She arrived about 1 hour before the real action started, which I was really happy about. (She was there with us when I delivered Luke as well. So special to have her there with us again.)  I only had to push 3 times and baby Colbie came right out. I looked up at the mirror when the doctor said "ok now lets take it easy" and her shoulders were already out. Then she pretty much just slid out after that. Such a miracle to see your baby being born. Couldn't stop the tears from flowing, as expected. And can't believe how beautiful I thought she was right from the second I saw her. 

We decided to name her Colbie (because I've always like that name) and Lou Ann after Chris's mom. Colbie, thanks for pushing down and getting to 4cm so that my labor was only 5.5 hours long this time. I should have known you were going to be a perfect baby right from the start! She is even more perfect than we could have imagined, and has been such a great baby so far. We feel so lucky to have such a sweet spirit introduced into our family forever.

And Grandma, it wouldn't have been the same without you there. We love you so much. Thanks for all your love and support.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, she is SO CUTE. I'm so glad she's here, can't wait to see her. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your labor was a breeze this time compared to last! Happy to hear!! Only 4 minutes of pushing??!! Hope my little boy is as nice to me! Glad it all went so fast and so smoothly! Love all the pics! Keep em coming! Love you guys! Good job Cass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could she be more perfect! She is so beautiful and so well behaved already! Can't wait until I get to come meet her and see Luke all grown up! I'm so happy she is here and healthy and you are all doing well! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like everything went perfectly! I can't wait to meet sweet little Colbie. She's lucky to have such a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is beautiful!!! We are going to have to come bug you one of these days so we can see her!!! I love that we had the same l&d nurse andrea haha so funny! Glad to hear it went so well!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I'm glad everything went well. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete