Thursday, July 12, 2012

35 Weeks!

Well, here we are at 35 weeks. I realize my shirt looks a touch see-through with the flash on, and it is not the cutest picture, but you get the idea of what the stomach is doing these days. Had my 35 week appointment and I am 1cm dilated and 70% effaced.  Doc says who knows, baby might come a little early. That would be awesome. We have a different doc this time - Doctor Bryant Brown.
I haven't written anything down so far this pregnancy so I thought now would be a good time before life starts getting really crazy.

First of all, this time around we're having a girl! At first it took some getting used to, totally different mindset than having a boy, but Chris and I are both really excited. Especially me! Life has been really great with Luke at this point (he is 18 months old now), so it is hard to imagine disrupting the good routine we have going, but at the same time it is so exciting to know she is coming in 4-5 weeks and Luke will have a baby sister. Can't wait to see what she looks like, how big she is, what her personality is like, etc.

Here are some things I wanted to remember about this pregnancy:
1- Did not get sick at all. Hardly even got car sick, which is a miracle. 
(I was sick until almost week 20 with Luke)
2- Carried this baby girl a lot higher than I did Luke. A lot less pain in my lower abdomen. Hardly any.
3-Could eat salad, and any food I wanted throughout the entire pregnancy. (with Luke I could only eat white carbs for the first 25 weeks or so)
4- Although I could eat healthy, it has still been HARD! So hungry. Gained a lot of weight this time too, even though I thought I wouldn't (I think 40 pounds!)
5- I did not "nest" with Luke. I didn't even buy him a crib bedding set, or hardly any clothes, just used whatever people got us. Not the case with this girl. I feel so different - cleaning every inch of the house... the refrigerator, the crumbs out of the silverware drawer, getting her room all set up, making sure I have clothes for her. Don't know why but I have a serious case of the nesting this time around. It's so real!!
6- Want to remember how Luke has been as well. Any time he takes notice of my tummy he comes over and kisses it. He tries to say "baby". Luke LOVES babies. He loves his baby cousins Jude and Nora and is drawn to all babies. I hope he loves his baby sister just as much. He is so sweet and gentle. Whenever a baby cries he now says, "he sad".... Luke, we love you so much and know you will be the best big brother this little girl could ask for.
7- I have not gotten as swollen in my feet and ankles, even though it's been in the high 90's - 100's here lately. Thank goodness for AC.
8- This baby moves around a lot more than Luke did. Luke gave a bunch of hard jolts, but she gives lots of sporadic, constant movement. Makes me a little nervous! :) Pretty sure she's going to give Luke a run for his money.
9- Oh and she gets the hiccups a lot too, which I never really noticed with Luke. Sometimes they will last for 15 minutes.

Baby girl we can't wait for you to join our family. I feel like it's easier to understand how to love your baby this time around, after having Luke, so I can't wait to meet her and get to know her. 

oh, and I had another doctors appt this week (since I started this post last week) so now I am 36 weeks, 2cm dilated and the doc set an induction date of AUG 2nd (if we want to be induced) b/c he is going out of town. So AUG 2nd might be the big day, if not sooner. CAN'T WAIT!!! Hope we're ready for this.

6 comments:

  1. So exciting that you are just a few weeks away from having your little girl! We will miss you in NY though! Don't worry, I'll eat plenty of pizza in your behalf! :) Glad to hear your pregnancy has gone so well this time! Hope we can meet baby girl soon! Love you guys! Good luck in your last few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are also really excited for your Cass! You look great and happy :) I am sure Luke will be so thrilled to have a baby sister, not to mention you and Chris. We can't wait to meet her. She will be a wonderful addition to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more! I am so excited to meet this little person! Love you cass! Looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look awesome!!! I think I remember wearing that skirt a couple times when I was pregnant with Quinn:)... Can't wait ro meet your sweet baby girl! I can't believe she will be here in just a couple weeks!!! Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look great cass! cant wait for her to get here and join your awesome family! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bryant Brown was my very first Dr, right before i got married...loved him, he was so so nice!!!

    and ps, you're looking FAB you lucky dog!!

    ReplyDelete