Friday, May 11, 2012

Crazy Driver. Sad Day.

Well my worst nightmare came to pass yesterday when I left the gate open and Luke decided to drive his beloved Little Tykes car down the whole flight of (14) stairs. I was in the kitchen washing some dishes and heard him literally tumbling down. It was one of the scariest things that has happened to me, and him, I'm sure. I had to dump him out of the car to get him out, and was so scared an arm or leg would be broken...or worse. But I just held him and he only cried about 5-10 seconds (which made me worry even more!!) and then seemed okay, just shooken up. His mouth was bleeding for a little while, but turns out he just split his lip a bit. I thought maybe he knocked a tooth out at first but was hard to tell with the blood. And his eye must have bumped the stairs (or steering wheel) too, because he has a scrape/bruise. But he was up and running/playing after about 2 minutes so I could tell he was pretty ok. But I cried for a good while after that because this mom wasn't ok!!! Can't believe I let that happen. Saddest feeling. Chris came home from work to see Luke because I called him right when it happened. Really stressful day. So hard to be a parent when terrible things happen to your kids and you feel responsible. We are lucky they are so resilient. We love you Luke. So glad you are ok and such a tough little boy.
Day two. A little more bruised. He was the tough looking scar-face kid at Chris's work picnic.

We love you Luke. So sorry that happened to you little baby.

1 comment: